Thursday, December 3, 2015

How to mirror your iPad on your Macbook using the lightning cable.

With some of our staff still physically tethered to projectors and televisions/monitors we had to find a way to mirror our iPads, without the help of AirPlay...so we used good ole Quick Time Player.


Hook up your iPad to the Macbook with the Lightning (charging) cable.  Make sure the Macbook is off or at least re-start it.

Open up Quick Time Player on the Macbook

Go to File/New Movie recording

When you choose your input device is (see attached pic), choose your iPad NOT the Default Macbook Face time Camera do the same for the Microphone is you want the sound from the iPad as well.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea to make personal video with the built in camera and voice. Lightening cable help to do that as you described. I will try it later with my devices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work Macbook Pro gebraucht

    ReplyDelete